On the day my life changed forever I was almost to preoccupied to see what was right under my nose. Let's rewind time and go back to the exact day I met the one, the love of my life. My first and only true love. I was standing in a poorly staffed coffee shop, waiting for my London Fog drink to be made when suddenly, the door opened and he emerged. Wind blew his perfect hair astray and I thought, for the love of all things holy, I have never seen a person with such grace, such radiance. I knew he would be mine. I would do whatever it takes, for all is fair in love and war. After giving his order, he walked over and stood next to me, I thought I would faint at the sight of him. For his face was more then a face only a mother could love. He looked somewhere between a Greek god and Sidney Crosby. As he turned to me and smiled, my knees went weak and my vision blurry, for I knew I was in love. I had to speak to him, I had to hear his musical voice. But how? How could a plain Jane like myself ever contemplate addressing a man of his stature? So I did what any sane, rational human in dire need of affection would do... I knocked over his coffee.
"Oh, excuse me," I giggled and exclaimed, "I did not see you standing there." Time slowed to a near halt and pedestrians moved in slow motion as I awaited his response.
"It's alright. How do plan to make it up to me?" His voice was like music to my ears and I knew right then and there that our love would be everlasting; it would be a love of a lifetime.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

FYI- I tried to indent where the characters speak, but it will not show up after I post it. Just to let you know, I do know I am suppose to do that.
ReplyDelete